The more events you logged, the better your chances were of winning.
Over the past 400 years, it's no exaggeration to say that the telescope changed everything: Galileo's discoveries literally revolutionized our perception of the universe and Earth's place in it.
Congratulations to these 5 NSN Clubs:
- Brazosport Astronomy Club of Texas
- City Lights Astronomical Society for Students of Texas
- Olympic Astronomical Society of Washington
- Santa Barbara Astronomical Unit of California
- Stonebelt Stargazers of Indiana
Winners were randomly chosen from all event logs using NSN materials. Night Sky Network members reported over 800 events held between July 31st through September 30, 2009.
The Galileoscopes were donated by the Astronomical Society of the Pacific (ASP).
A new video is out from Arizona Public Media on the Galileoscope. Watch it:
Save Tuesday, October 27th for our next teleconference featuring our November 2009 IYA Discovery Guide theme of The Lives of Stars with Dr. John Bally.
See you there!